Raindrops keep falling on my sill...

We've recently moved into a flat, the windows of which have large, protuding UPVC sills. When it rains, the noise of the droplets hitting the sill is so loud that we've twice retreated to the bedroom at the rear. As the sill is obviously hollow, would I be able to pump expanding foam in or, my favourite, cut the things off almost flush with the window frame and then close the resulting gap with section made from the removed sill? Any other suggestions/solutions?
Harry wrote:

Stick a solar panel over the head of the window - and then try claiming FIT for it!
Or you could try sticking a plastic head on the window - a man with you're range of knowledge should be able to do that with no problems (sarcasm intended)
As a matter of interest, why are you posting here and not uk.d-i-y - too ashamed to say that you've down-sized your property and had to leave the solar panels behind?
On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 19:12:44 -0000, "Unbeliever"

See http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?2879-Funny-expanding-foam-story
Was not that harry, as opposed to Harry?
--
Frank Erskine

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?2879-Funny-expanding-foam-story
Well, t'aint me.
Harry wrote:

Stick a solar panel over the head of the window - and then try claiming FIT for it!
Or you could try sticking a plastic head on the window - a man with you're range of knowledge should be able to do that with no problems (sarcasm intended)
As a matter of interest, why are you posting here and not uk.d-i-y - too ashamed to say that you've down-sized your property and had to leave the solar panels behind?
On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 19:13:52 -0000, "Unbeliever"

Why, thanks so much for the helpful advice, and there's me thinking this was a place to ask for diy advice not blatant sarcasm and piss taking, cheers. Maybe you've mistaken me for somebody else, do forgive my interrupting your chain of thought.
Harry wrote:

Well it's quite possible that you are not the infamous Harry that lurks around in uk.d-i-y (that's why I cross-posted this thread). but your e-mail addy ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) is rather similar to that of the solar-panel loving Harry.
If you are not 'THAT' Harry, then accept my apologies (and a plastic head to the top of the window will resolve your problem) - if you are 'THAT' Harrym, then my original statements stand.