rad probs

I have a small radiator and its getting rust marks on it, so what do I do to cover it up. I was told a few years ago that red lead is obsolete, so what is best to use. I have a local B&Q in the virginity
TIA

You could try Bondaprimer, if still available (try google) - good for cars, but it's cellulose based - you'd need to check if it'll take whatever top coat you plan to apply.
--
Martin

[Remove barrier to reply]

Does that mean it is a new store or one that is stocking Cherry trees?
Cheers
John
John wrote:

:-)
"STEPHEN" wrote:

It is no use covering it up, you need to remove the rust, either physically with abrasives or chemically with a rust remover e.g. Jenolite. Then paint with metal primer, undercoat and a top coat of radiator paint. Red lead paint is still available, only white and grey lead paint was phased out. If the rust is due to moisture/condensation in the atmosphere because of where the radiator is located then whatever you apply will only slow corrosion at best.