rad probs

I have a small radiator and its getting rust marks on it, so what do I do to cover it up. I was told a few years ago that red lead is obsolete, so what is best to use. I have a local B&Q in the virginity

TIA

Reply to
STEPHEN

You could try Bondaprimer, if still available (try google) - good for cars, but it's cellulose based - you'd need to check if it'll take whatever top coat you plan to apply.

Reply to
Martin

Does that mean it is a new store or one that is stocking Cherry trees?

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

It is no use covering it up, you need to remove the rust, either physically with abrasives or chemically with a rust remover e.g. Jenolite. Then paint with metal primer, undercoat and a top coat of radiator paint. Red lead paint is still available, only white and grey lead paint was phased out. If the rust is due to moisture/condensation in the atmosphere because of where the radiator is located then whatever you apply will only slow corrosion at best.

Reply to
DIY

:-)

Reply to