Question on combi Filling Loop

Hi All, Following a visit from British Gas for the annual service\\check the engineer told me I needed to replace the copper filling loop with a flexible hose type to comply with the water suppliers regulations. The set up will be identical apart from the flexible hose, what change to the possible contamination of the drinking water will this bring? Is it just a case of being able to remove the flexible hose from the system or is there something else? Hope I have made my point clearly. best regards Take care Bill.

Reply to
discoverer0

Exactly! In theory I understand that you are meant to disconnect the filling loop when not in use - but I don't know anyone who does.

I also know of a recently (2001) installed system that has a pressure vessel permanently connected to the mains that keeps the system topped up automatically - which very cleverly masked a leak (under the floor) until we had another problem and turned the supply off - the pressure dropped and hey ho no heating or hot water.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

Reply to
discoverer0

I have had two combi systems installed by two different plumbers, both reputable & both left the filling loop attached. My current Alpha system was repaired by the regional service technician (several lesser tchnicians had failed!) and he didn't comment on it. This seems to be normal practice

Mike

Reply to
Mike