PVA on brickwork

I have to replace the plaster on a wall of my lounge, I am going to use plasterboard and adhesive to stick it direct to the brick work and I have been told to seal the wall with pva first but I am wondering if this will affect the adhesive as the brickwork will not be as porus. Any advice welcome. Regards Trevor
Trevor Smith wrote:

Not really necessary to PVA the brickwork.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite