Pulling a tap connector to bits

I'm building a bit of kit that needs an end connector flange and looking at a bog standard tap connector tonight and wondering how the thing was held together realised that there is an allen key fitting inside holding it all in place. Ideal if I could get it apart.

It seems to have an AF size to the key and all of mine are mm.

There is also the possibilty that it unscrews clockwise or that sealing compound is used. I don't want to force it as I only have the one to play with.

Has anyone taken one of these to bits?

Reply to
Keith P

I can't visualise a type of tap connector that would need holding together with anything allen key or not.

Maybe you could host a picture somewhere and put up a link to it.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

If you look at a tap connector (the connector that joins the 15mm feed pipe onto the tap) you can see that the nut that screws up to hold the connector to the tap is held in place by a lip. The nut cannot go over this lip or the pipe would fall off. It is screwed in place during manufacture. My camera won't go into the fitting to take a shot but try hold a connector up and looking in the end and you will see the allen key fitting.

Reply to
Keith P

Yes mine have a lip but that is swaged into the copper then the nut is slipped over then the other end is opened up to form the 15mm female copper end. Not an allen socket to be had.

See sectional drawing here

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin