Problems fitting a boiler timer switch...

Hi there,

The ancient boiler timer we inherited when we bought our house finally packed in and needed replacing (all of the gears inside had become dislodged and weren't connecting).

I tried to work out which wires were connected to which bits of the old timer but couldn't really make much out as there were no markings on the old connectors.

I've now bought a cheap mechanical timer switch from Focus and can't quite figure out my wiring setup to get it working.

Coming from the boiler I have 1 cable made up of:

Blue (presume neutral) > Brown (presume live) > Yellow / green (earth) >From the wall (at the top) I have 1 cable made up of: > Red (?) > Blue (?) > Yellow (?) > Yellow / green (earth) >From the wall (at the bottom from an external fuse / switch) I have 1 cable made up of: > Black (presume neutral) > Red (presume live) > Yellow / green (earth)

On the actual timer switch I have connectors for:

E > N in > L in > N out > L out 1 (no connector) > L out 2

If anyone can offer any advice or even help to clarify what some of these wires are I would really appreciate it. I don't know too much about electrical wiring - enough to sort out light fittings and switches and this has totally foxed me.

Thanks in advance,

Dave.

Reply to
wallerdm

No worries - all fixed now.

All it took was a bit of logical thinking.

Cheers

Reply to
wallerdm