Problem with grease gun

After filling my grease gen with grease I find that no grease comes out of the gun although I have pumped for some time What am I doing wrong? Blair

after refilling with grease. Mine has two knurled screws at the top that vent the air and no amount of pumping will force grease through the gun without getting the air out.
Gio
Virus Database (VPS): 110412-0, 12/04/2011

Many thanks for your prompt help. I will try tomorrow Kind regards Blair>

What Gio said. Plus, I always fill the gun, then bash the bottom of it on the deck to ram the grease down to the bottom,then you can get a bit more grease in, which means less air is in there.
Steve