Problem with finding economical drying

Ahhh, the joys of living in the toilet of the south of England. My mum had a clothes horse in the 1960s. You still have one.

We have a tumble drier in the garage and can afford to use it. Move north young man.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

+1

we moved out of that house when I was four.

Reply to
Andy Burns

We used to have a Flatley ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

3 yo.

Remember walking on the frozen Avon at Stratford.

We had one in the back garden. No central heating, that arrived in about 1968. Before then the space heating for a 3 bed semi was an open coal fire in the back room and gas fire in the front (rarely used). Bedrooms where basically unheated, hot water bottles, blankets & eiderdowns. Sucking of old pennies to melt spy holes in the ice on the windows. Happy days.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I too used to live near Welshpool - but many years later. But I think you've slipped up in the arithmetic - 6 years old then. So not quite as old as you suggest. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Well, ...

I was 7 you young wippersnapper

kids, eh?

Reply to
geoff

It would have to be a rather large or hot bathroom if the Sun was pointing outwards through the windows:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I'm still using an Electrix ...

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Did it dance on the taps

Reply to
geoff

I like it when you guys go on like this. Makes me feel so young.

Wot's one of those then? All I can find on Google is Michael Flatley's electric guitar and the USS Flatley's electric propulsion!

Anyway OP might like to keep eyes open. I picked up a dehumidifier on freegle. For nothing.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Do you have an old desktop PC lying around? Plug it in, leave it turned on. Takes about 100-200W (more if it's high end), gives you some airflow. If you want to increase the heat output, run SETI@Home or similar on it.

Might not be a great plan if it's going to get wet though.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

They sell 'em in Australia.

Reply to
7

Dehumidifier. I use a small cheap unit, stand it with the clothes airer around it. It draws 180w running however gets a load of clothes dry in a few hours.

Reply to
Alan Deane

Reply to
Bill