kids, eh?
--
geoff

On 18/12/2011 18:47, ARWadsworth wrote:

but use of it was not included in the rent for the rooms we occupied.
Colin Bignell
Nightjar wrote:

+1
we moved out of that house when I was four.
john east wrote:

The way we solved the problem was to leave a window partially open preferably with the Sun pointing inwards. Ideally the top part of the window is open to carry out the moisture. Put the racks near the sun facing window. A small 40W oscillating fan (about 15 pounds in ebay) set at lowest setting. Don't cover the radiator with clothes - that delays the drying. 40W fan running at lowest setting from 12 midnight to 6AM is very economical and would have dried most of the clothes. The last bit of moisture can be taken off thicker / urgently needed items by placing on radiator for about 20 minutes. Most items would be dried by sun by the evening. If you stretch the items of clothing whilst hanging them to dry, then you probably won't need to iron them either because many every day items will dry stretched giving an ironed look - save more energy.
7 wrote:

It would have to be a rather large or hot bathroom if the Sun was pointing outwards through the windows:-)
--
Adam

ARWadsworth wrote:

They sell 'em in Australia.

Ahhh, the joys of living in the toilet of the south of England. My mum had a clothes horse in the 1960s. You still have one.
We have a tumble drier in the garage and can afford to use it. Move north young man.

Mr Pounder wrote:

We used to have a Flatley ...
On Sun, 18 Dec 2011 20:07:26 +0000, Andy Burns

I'm still using an Electrix ...
Nick
On 18/12/2011 21:19, Nick Odell wrote:

I like it when you guys go on like this. Makes me feel so young.
Wot's one of those then? All I can find on Google is Michael Flatley's electric guitar and the USS Flatley's electric propulsion!
Anyway OP might like to keep eyes open. I picked up a dehumidifier on freegle. For nothing.
Andy

Did it dance on the taps
--
geoff

Do you have an old desktop PC lying around? Plug it in, leave it turned on. Takes about 100-200W (more if it's high end), gives you some airflow. If you want to increase the heat output, run SETI@Home or similar on it.
Might not be a great plan if it's going to get wet though.
Theo
On 18/12/2011 15:13, john east wrote:

I use a small cheap unit, stand it with the clothes airer around it. It draws 180w running however gets a load of clothes dry in a few hours.