Power Shower And Heart Patients

Hi, this might not be the right group to ask this, but i cant think of a REALLY suitable one to ask it in: A member of my family is about to undergo triple heart bypass and heart valve repair/replacement surgery at the end of March We are going to update the bathroom next week, and would like a Power Shower installed Thing is though, somewhere in the back of my mind i seem to remember reading somewhere that this type of shower, and heart patients dont make a very good combo. Anyone know anything relating to the above? I dont want to go to the trouble and expence of doing this and then have to rip it out again should the power shower risk life and limb of said family member Even the family GP had no real thoughrts on it, neither did the PA to the surgeon doing the op
Numpty (by name, and numpty by nature ;-) )

Might be best to get them to ask there Dr about it.

think the only problem is if you select the function jet on the head...it may force open tissue which is healing. Choosing the function "champagne" on the other hand (which draws in air bubbles) is probably best and the positive feelings it creates must be helpful for the patient I would have thought..
"Numpty" wrote:

Are you confusing cardiac surgery with cardiac pacemakers? There are precautions that apply when fitted with a pacemaker such as avoiding strong magnetic and electromagnetic fields. I don't see how a power shower could harm someone after cardiac surgery unless it has the force of a power washer. By the time a patient is feeling up to having a shower the chest wound will be well on the way to healing and will probably be covered by a dressing. You could also ask about this in the sci.med news groups especially sci.med.cardiology.

Thanks for the NG reccomendation !!!! Thats the kind i was looking for, but couldnt think of looking for
Numpty

My next door neighbour had a pacemaker fitted a couple of years ago. I was gutted to find out I couldn't hear him ticking :-0
Steve