power point facia screws

I just tiled the kitchen. As I expected, the screws of the powerpoint facias are long enough to reattach them to the inset boxes.

However, for one (dang!) box, the threaded bracket inside the box, is set back about 5 mm, which is just enough for the screw not to mate.

Anyone know best source of supply for a longer screw, or what sort of screw it is ...

Ta

-- Jim "a single species has come to dominate ... reproducing at bacterial levels, almost as an infectious plague envelops its host"

Jim Lawton

I believe it's 3.5mm IIRC. You may be able to juggle with screws from some other socket or light switch. Some of mine were way longer than they needed to be, so I swapped around. I'm sure that the likes of B&Q etc would have some if you're desperate though.

HTH Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

I've got them in the past from Homebase and B&Q. They have different lengths and are usually in the electrical section.

J.

Reply to
John

thanks to you both ...

-- Jim "a single species has come to dominate ... reproducing at bacterial levels, almost as an infectious plague envelops its host"

Jim Lawton

Just for the "deja" record, they are M3.5 electrical screws - I suddenly remembered from some previous and d ifferent use I had for such things, thanks to hint in Steve's reply.

googling for "electrical screw" in the uk pages gives plenty of examples.

-- Jim "a single species has come to dominate ... reproducing at bacterial levels, almost as an infectious plague envelops its host"

Jim Lawton

Wilkinsons sell the longer screw i`m pretty sure of it about 50p for 4 i think.

Reply to
geewhizza

Ta - I got them at Wickes ...