Power Devil drill

I have a power one of those.Had a tiler doing some work this week and used it to do drilling with a bit with a big shaft which opened the chuck too far and now it is stuck wide open .I am hoping that if I could get the chuck off the drill that I may be able to do something with it.I have the manual that came with the drill and there is an instruction and a sketch on how to remove the chuck.A screw is mentioned but Im afraid I cannot find this screw.Has anyone had this sort of trouble with drill ,please, and how did you overcome it.
jon
"jon" wrote:

Reversible drills usually have a screw inside in the centre of the chuck between the jaws to hold the chuck onto the end of the drive spindle. If it works lose the jaws will tend to stick open so try tightening the screw first instead of removing the chuck. The screw is left handed so you turn the screw anti-clockwise to tighten, not clock-wise.

This screw is part of my problem.A diagram in the manual that came with the drill shows where screw is supposed to be but in mine there is some sort of cap.I was wondering if someone may have had the same problem and how they overcame it.

me that it is a flattened screw head so i will have to deal with that
"jon" wrote:

If you mean the screw head has become flattened during use due to damage and you can't get a grip with a screwdriver blade to tighten or loosen the screw then the drill is knackered. Even if you managed to drill the screw head off (using another drill) the screw shaft will still be in the spindle. Even if you managed to drill the screw shaft out of the spindle you would then have to create a new left hand thread. I am not aware that self-tapping screws with left hand threads are readily available.
[...]
Have you tried soaking the chuck in paraffin or similar, and then giving it a whack or two? Might just be enough to free off the spring-loaded jaws. Give it some lube after.
--

Cheers

Derryck
"> [...]