Powder Or Ready Mixed?

I have asked a couple of questions on here regarding me doing a en-suite refurb for a neighbour, thanks for the answer guys (and galls). I am about to start grouting it all up and my question is ready mixed or powder? On the few occasions I have tiled my own rooms (kitchen, bathroom and en-suite) I have always used powder. My problem is if I follow the instruction regarding quantities of powder to water then the mixture is ALWAYS far too dry to use and not the required creamy consistency. I always have to add a bit more water to achieve the correct mix, although the instruction tell you not to do this as it will weaken the grout. I have had no problems in my own house but Sods Law says that if there is going to be a problem it will be in my neighbours and then I will look daft! For information I am looking at using Unibond Tile On Walls Waterproof Anti-Mould Grout and the packet states 4 volumes of powder to 1 volume of water (3Kg of grout requires approx. 750ml water.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers
John
John wrote:

Personally I always go for powder, and just mix until I arrive at the consistency I want.

Have you been measuring by volume or weight?
--
Cheers,

John.

That's what I do but always have to put more water in than instructed.

Volume, but as stated in my OP the Unibond bag says 4:1 (volume) but also 3Kg Grout to 750ml water.
Cheers
John