Potterton EP3002

I am trying to find diagnose a heating problem and need to get the front off an EP3002 7 day timer.

There are no screws I can see, I have tried unclipping but unsuccessfully, feels more like it will break off the wall before the front comes off !!.

Just how is the front attached to these things .. ?????

If somebody has a copy of an installers guide that would be even better

Garfield

First you should isolate the electric supply. Look or feel along the bottom and you will find a small slot about 30mm in from the right hand side. It contains a retaining clip and this has to be pushed upwards then the whole unit can be tilted upward from the bottom. As you say it can be very tight and it does feel as if it might break. The hinges are along the top next to the wall. It nay be necessary to firstly raise a narrow slotted section along the top back but I can open mine without doing this. The controller unit can then be completely removed. The rear mounting panel is fixed to the wall with 2 screws and it contains the wires from the power supply, boiler, pump, etc..

Reply to
Stewart

yes, all that.

I used to make them years ago.

Reply to
Neil - Usenet

I worked for PED back in the 80s. Which bit did you work for?

Reply to
malc

enertec it was called then, 1997-2003 took over by siemens and closed.

Reply to
Neil - Usenet

I remember that being set up. Sam Ballantyne (not sure of the spelling) was the director. Dave Roberts and a few others, (Peter someone from the Jesus Army) from PED went over. I was left behind with that idiot Ashley Lane running the place. I left about a year later. That was 1988 though, quite a bit before your time.

Reply to
malc

yes, thats it, altho I only remeber Sam, his bark was worse than his bite :-) Dont know whats happened to him now.

Reply to
Neil - Usenet