Polypipe waste sizes

Another problem with the shower I am trying to fit..
The old waste and P trap is 1 Ύ”. The new waste I bought is 1” shorter than the old so I need a new P trap but it looks as if 1 Ύ” is no longer a standard – its all 40mm or 32mm (1 ½” or 1 Ό” in old money). The only 1 Ύ” wastes I can find are this length – I should have known….. (http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/floorboards1 / RecentlyUpdated?authkey=1YG7pYdnI5I# shows the problem)
Is it right that you can’t get 1 Ύ” polypipe connectors any longer? I can buy another waste but is it possible to get an adaptor to the 1 Ύ” waste pipe that is there already?
Add pictures here
βœ–
Another problem with the shower I am trying to fit..
The old waste and P trap is 1 Ύ”. The new waste I bought is 1” shorter than the old so I need a new P trap but it looks as if 1 Ύ” is no longer a standard – its all 40mm or 32mm (1 ½” or 1 Ό” in old money). The only 1 Ύ” wastes I can find are this length – I should have known….. (http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/floorboards1 / RecentlyUpdated?authkey=1YG7pYdnI5I# shows the problem)
Is it right that you can’t get 1 Ύ” polypipe connectors any longer? I can buy another waste but is it possible to get an adaptor to the 1 Ύ” waste pipe that is there already?
I don't know the answers to your questions specifically and I don't know whether you are referring to Polypipe as a specific manufacturer (which it is) or to polypipe as a generic term for such pipe and fittings, but I do know that different manufacturer's pipes and fittings, while nominally the same, may not fit one another.
Rob Graham
Add pictures here
βœ–