Plug socket stopped working

Only this one, none of the others... My dishwasher was plugged into it and, all of sudden, its stopped working.
Do individual plug sockets have individual fuses?
On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 05:59:33 -0800 (PST), paulfoel

No, the fuse is in the socket plug. ;-)
Sounds like the socket, or switch if there is one is nackered.
DG

No switch - its just a plug socket. Reckon its worth just replacing the socket?
Derek Geldard wrote:

You might want to check the connections to the socket as well:
http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Electrical_Circuit_faults
--
Cheers,

John.

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:25:32 +0000, John Rumm

Yes, I'd assumed it was one socket out of a double. I've got one that's failed that way.
DG
Derek Geldard wrote:

Could be... I have had a switch on one side of a double seize (although to be fair that was after someone hit it with an airing cupboard!)
--
Cheers,

John.

HI You might also look above the worktop for a switchw fused spur,modern kitchens Do have individual sockets on their own fuses.
HTH CJ

Checked the socket. All wires looked intact. Swapped it with another spare one. Still not working :-(. I guess it means there no live on that wire any more?
Any suggestions as to how to solve this?

The next thing to establish is if it is part of the ring main circuit, usually identified by having two cables going into the connectors at the back of the socket. I suspect that your faulty socket has been added since the original installation, so it probably only has one cable, if this is the case, the fault might lie at the other end of the cable where it is connected (or not connected in your case) to the feed socket. If the faulty socket only has one cable going to it, then you would have to find the other end of the cable, as the fault is probably there, the way to find this would be to switch off the mains power, and check nearby sockets, especially those with three cables, for a loose wire.
On Dec 30 2007, 9:52 am, "Harry Stottle"

Ah. I just has one set of cables....
BTW. The house was newly built when we moved in so no previous owners could have done this - it must have been the builders. There is another socket a few feet away so I'll check that one as well.
HI re my earlier posting still not knowing if you have looked for a switched fused spur. (missed a few days postings) may I offer the following. 1. If the socket is below the worktop flush to the wall look above the worktop for a switch try this . 2. If the socket is below the worktop but on a plastic box screwed to the units look in ajacent units for another socket or switched fused spur. 3. If the socket has only 1 cable going to it (turn off power before removing socket) it is a spur .Is this single cable thick? (like a cooker cable) if so it may be a low level cooker outlet sometimes used if no electric cooker is present.In this case is the cooker turmed on? 4. As a last resort turn off the power & remove the sockets closest to the non-operational one and look for 3 cables,checking if any are loose.
HTH all the best for the new year to you & all on group.
CJ