Plasterer

If anyone can recommend a plasterer (I'm in East London) please let me know. I had a quote by one, but he refuses to put it in writing, so obviously I won't use him as feels dodgy. Desperately need to get bathroom walls sorted out this year, thanks in advance to anyone who has details.
What matters is whether or not he is a good plasterer. If he declines to put his quote in writing, why not write to him accepting his quote. Should he then try to rip you off he won't have a leg to stand on.
| If anyone can recommend a plasterer (I'm in East London) please let me know. | I had a quote by one, but he refuses to put it in writing, so obviously I | won't use him as feels dodgy. Desperately need to get bathroom walls sorted | out this year, thanks in advance to anyone who has details. | |

Neither would the OP - in practice - if the OP wanted to take the guy to court, and Mr. Cowboy doesn't show up, and generally does a vanishing act. Best not to deal with people who smell of cowboy boots and horse manure :-)
Your right of course, but perchance the cowboy did the job OK (because he is a good plasterer), forgot his original quote and tried to charge an exorbitant amount, he would be the one to initiate any court proceedings which he would lose.