Plasterboard filler

Can someone kindly tell me which product is the best to fill-in holes left in plasterboard which held TV brackets so that it can be smoothed and painted over so that it is virtually impossible to see?

Reply to
Nomad

One of the pollyfilla type products. Actually, I found Wickes own brand to produce better results, but that was sufficiently long ago that it might not be true for current product.

You can get a very flat smooth surface by running a wetted trowel edge over it when it's part set. Alternatively, you could sand it when it's set and dried.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Hi Depending on hole size a good decorators caulk ( like Mangers) should do the job if you are filling rawlplug holes.If larger an old plasterers trick (filling in down-light holes) was to cut a piece of plasterboard and glue in using plaster which could then be skimmed when dry . HTH CJ

Can someone kindly tell me which product is the best to fill-in holes left in plasterboard which held TV brackets so that it can be smoothed and painted over so that it is virtually impossible to see?

Reply to
CJ