Pitch Fibre Plumbing.

Good evening
There's plenty of info on the problems associated with pitch fibre drains, but has anybody heard of probems to do with pitch fibre plumbing. My stack appears to be pitch fibre (maybe they just used a spare drain lying around) and it's leaking at the entry of the bath waste. I've been quoted just under 1k + VAT to have it replaced - it's internal and it's going to be difficult to get out - but is there intrinsically anything wrong with a pitch fibre stack, or should I just attempt to repair the leak?
I'm a LA Building Control Officer, and have been for close to 30 years, and haven't, to my knowledge, come across a pitched fibe pipe before
regards
IanC
Don't take this the wrong way but being a building control officer, you should be in the best position to find out about this. Could you not use a strapped boss to renew the bath connection. It should work.
ken

glazed clay, hemp tarred rope and cement collar pipes. They didn't last very long do to the method of covering over, usually with the earth dug out and general building waste deposited on top, like old concrete and brick ends. With the weight off the infill pressure the pitch fibre pipes went oval and in some cases flat, plus any corner or sharp edge from building waste soon penetrated through the pipe. I haven't seen any of this type of pipe used on site for about 30 years or more. As regards to pitch fibre soil pipe I've seen them used in the 60s. Most soil pipes were either asbestos or cast iron, until now days PVC.
Ken
I think the strapped boss, if we can get it on, is the best option. Thianks to you & Keith for your replies
regards
IanC