Phone wires.

I want some work done on the internal phone wires. Preferably a new wire from where the incoming wire joins the house on the outside to a new master socket position.
Is this a job for BT or an electrician?
mark
"mark" wrote:

BT
Rob Miller wrote:

And at a possible cost of around 130 for the job - unless there is a fault present on their side of the line.
Cash
On Thursday, 16 August 2012 12:22:06 UTC+1, mark wrote:

Is this not best done with a double or triple cordless phone?

Have got triple phones. The idea of moving the master socket was to reduce the distance that the incoming wire goes around the house (a lot of metres) and hopefully improve broadband signal.
mark

Think about it Mark. You may have quite a lot of cable around your house but how much is that as a percentage of the distance from your house to the exchange - and they don't go in straight lines either?
If the cable is proper BT cable then the distance around your house will make little or no difference to the speed of your ADSL connection so don't waste your money.
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Good point. I'll give it a swerve. Thanks.