Peeling Paint on Patio

I have a small concrete patio area ( 3Mx2M) which I painted with a 'Garage Floor Paint' a couple of years ago. Not a Good Idea ! Moisture has caused patches of the paint to flake off leving unsightly gaps.
Problem One : What is the best way to remove the rest of the paint ?
Problem Two : My preferred option is to tile this small patio - what sort of tiles should I be looking for and is it a difficult job ( Cutting problems etc )?
I live in Southwest Scotland so frost in winter could be a factor.
Any ideas much appreciated.
snipped-for-privacy@ukonline.co.uk wrote:

Rod, Thanks for that - I will give it a go. Den
Rod wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@ukonline.co.uk wrote:

What possibility shall we propose for peeling purple paint on Peters patio?

Best way: vortex whatnot as used to clean paint off brickwork Quick cheaper but not as efective way: pressure washing Cheap way that only makes it good enough to repaint: wire brush

floor tiles

Important not to leave any gaps under the tiles, as you dont want them to fill with water and freeze.
NT

1) Use a pressure washer. Paint should lift off easily!
2) Have a look for quarry tiles. I've used these on door steps and landings exposed to frost without any problems. Make certain which ever ones you go for are frost resistant. I also made certain that they were well bedded in. There are numerous other types available which will also do the job. Bear in mind though that tiles can be slippery if wet / leaves lie on them (not to mention frost)!
good luck
David