Patterned concrete drive info ?

Anyone know any companies that do the concrete drives that are makde to look like laving blocks?

I block paved the drive to our previoues house but the one were in at the moment due to the shape level of the drive doesnt lend itself to an easy job block paving it so had thought about getting someone in to do that patterenedconcrete look?

anyone know any companies and any rough costs?

cheers

Reply to
All That You Touch

======================= I enquired about four years ago and the cost was about £30-00 per sq.metre. That was an 'all-in' price as far as I can remember. It was a company in the West Midlands near Cannock, if that is relevant to your location.

p.s.It's called 'patterned concrete' so not just looking like blocks - other patterns available.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Cool cheers, just need to find someone in my area of West Yorkshire!

cheers

Reply to
All That You Touch

Oh No! Not another sucker!

Reply to
AlmaC

Sucker exactly how ?

Reply to
All That You Touch

You would be better off using block paving. If you use patterned concrete you will find out to your cost a few years later!

Reply to
AlmaC

============================ There's not much point in saying that unless you give some reasons for your assertion. I'm interested to know in case I decide to use it some time in the future.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

so you thought youd just come on and call me a sucker rather that explaining why using the patterned concrete is a bad idea?

Reply to
All That You Touch

Have a look here for info

It describes the pros and cons of this type of driveway to help you make an informed choice. I've seen some that look good and some that look awful, but have no experience myself. Did have a neighbour up the road complaining how slippery it was on a sloping surface, but that may have been a one off.

HTH

Ian

Reply to
IED

Excellent info Ian thanks for that

Reply to
All That You Touch

These sort of patterned concrete is more trouble than it is worth.I have only seen one laid propperly in my life,and we were breaking that one up.Either they are slippery,laid to,shal ~low,prone to crack,or simply a mess.Block paving is stacks better,if this type of finnish is a must a tool is available to form the pattern.Given the choice BLOCK PAVE IT.

Reply to
*GED* THE BRICKIE

Presscrete is the name stamped in a neighbours drive. Talking to him you have to varnish or some kind of coating every two years. How much i don't know. My drive was done by previous owner with concrete patterning DIY kit from a diy store. Absolute nightmare, twisting ankles, can't brush it, kids can't play on it and can't afford to replace with blocks. Thinking of filling in the crevices with dry sand/cement mixture this year.

cheers ceej

Reply to
Ceej

YES IT HAS NOT GOT MUCH TO RECOMEND IT The coating every 2 years is a new one to me,just another way to winkle money out of novices,can not see what it could possibly do except colour! cheers ged

Reply to
*GED* THE BRICKIE