Painting question - Easy fill

Hi, Does anyone know of it's OK to fill and skim a ceiling in a bathroom/shower room with easyfill prior to painting ? I had thought it may be too porous and plaster may be necessary. Cheers

Reply to
Billy Bloggs

When you say fill and skim, Billy, do you just mean the joints and screw holes? In which case Easyfill is ideal, or do you mean skim the whole ceiling, in which case, no, it will be too difficult using Easyfill. Much better to skim the whole ceiling in plaster.

ken

Reply to
Ken

Hi Ken I mean fill a few holes and skim some cracks and bumps in the ceiling probably covering a couple of sq. feet or so with a light skim just to prep it for a smooth finish. I don't mean the whole ceiling as I couldn't get a flat finish I don't think, not being a plasterer. I've used it elsewhere in rooms and I'm quite good with it but I wouldn't like to see the damp get to it after a couple of months or so and it start to flake off or bubble. I suppose I could use a silk or soft sheen emulsion after, maybe that would do it ? Cheers

Reply to
Billy Bloggs