Painting outdoor floor tiles

I have a small area of floor tiles on a broad step just outside my front door. They have a slightly rough surface, coloured pale brown. I would like to paint them black if possible, and I need advice on preparation, non-slip possibilities, and paint types. I have trawled the web looking for painting floor tiles but found nothing convincing.
Any suggestions gratefully received
pat

The main thing you need to remember it to make sure the tiles are clean and dry. I've painted our front step because it is made of stone and a few years ago a piece chipped off and the repair wasn't satisfactory. You can buy doorstep paint either smooth or textured (same paint but more expensive because they put a bit of fine sand in to make it none slip to walk on). I couldn't find any suitable paint when I painted my step so I picked a floor paint which I liked and then added a little bit of fine sand. It's been down 5 years now and still wearing well. The only thing I'd say about have a sand finish is that cleaning is a bit harder but it's a lot safer to walk on.
Ash.