Painting door

We have light oak varnished doors and would like to paint them
Whats the best way to go about it.
hanscan wrote:

Dunno but why post the same query three different ways within about two minutes of each other?
If it's just varnished then a light rub over with sandpaper or steel wool and then a top coat of your choice. You could put a coat of undercoat on to make sure the topcoat really sticks.
--
Malc

You know it\'s a bad day when even the aubergines are plotting against you
sorry about the repeating question but i had some troubles with my server