Painting ceiling question

Any tips on how to achieve a reasonably straight line at the corner of ceilings and walls. Going to paint the ceiling, then a couple days later will paint the walls - always seem to get a bit of wall paint on ceiling and/or vic versa. Cheers.
John Smith wrote:

John,
Get somebody else to do it! LOL
But seriously: A good quality, well broken in brush (to a knife edge) correctly filled with paint and a good, steady hand with lots of confidence - along with working from a comfortable and stable steps, trestle or low scaffold to get to the correct working height for your stature.
As a matter of interest, if you are using emulsion paints for the job, have a bucket of warm water and a good rag to hand and simply wipe the overpaint off the ceiling with the damp (not soaking) rag.
Or do as I do, paint the ceiling and bring the emulsion down the wall by about 25mm and then paper the walls - saves a lot of cutting in (and I hate painted walls). :-)
Cash

===========OK, thanks for the advice..
>A good quality, well broken in brush (to a knife edge)

..think have all except may be light on the lots of confidence! :-)

Well, just get an extending roller, and do it standing on terra firma. And paint the ceiling the same colour as the walls, that avoids your original problem. Or if you don't want to do that, get SWMBO standing watching [1] and she can tell you when you've got a bit of paint on the ceiling, you can wipe it straight off before it dries.
Steve
[1] She probably will be anyway.
wrote in message

In an advisory capacity, of course!
Personally, I'd do it any old way, make a mess of it and only then will she cheerfully tell you how you *should* have done it.