Painting a Wall

Hi
I have just stripped off old wallpaper back to the lining paper, and I want to apply emulsion paint. There is some glue residue left on the wall surface that is very difficult to remove. will I be able to paint straight over the top OK?
Charlie Brown
"Charlie Brown" wrote:

You could try painting a small test area of glue residue and see what it looks like the next day. Either the paint will dry to a nice finish or the paint will dissolve some of the old adhesive and dry out to an uneven bubbled-up finish. If the adhesive does dissolve it will be even harder to remove it once it has a coat of emulsion on it.
Phil
Thats a good idea - see how I get on
Thanks
Charlie