Other doors on Ikea kitchen

Hello everyone,
I'm looking at buying a new kitchen from Ikea, however I don't like their high gloss colours.
Has anybody tried to fit other doors onto the Ikea kitchen units? I'm looking at Wickes doors.
many thanks
Oddjob wrote:

Just buy the whole kitchen from Wickes.
Remember on an Ikea kitchen there is no place to run pipes behind the units.
WOuld the Wickes door hinge holes be in the correct place to line up for and Ikea Unit. Take a tape measure to each shop to find out.
Oddjob wrote:

You can buy a huge range of doors made to any size/style/colour you want. Take a look at the Carpentry page on my website and you will find a link to the supplier I use.
--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

I did hear MFI made the kitchens for Ikea..anyone able to confirm./deny??
Cheers
Richard

Since MFI is a UK company and IKEA is international, and doesn't make its Kitchens in the UK (mine was made in Germany), I'd have to say it's most unlikely.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks Dave, that's very interesting - I may give it a go :-))