OT: PC Power Supply

Erm, not always. It is possible, with some settings on some (usually the more expensive) motherboards to make alterations that cause permanent irreperable damge to the mobo/processor/memory.

Worse (?) on some (particularly laptops) even setting a password is irreversible*, if you forget it.. * other than at a workshop.

There is also the rather more amusing thing to do - set a password using a foreign (eg French) keyboard and then take it elsewhere to use, where the keyboard is different (eg Russian)....

Reply to
Palindrome

Well done Sue -

George's apology will be along soon, no doubt....

Reply to
Steve Walker

None needed. I got it wrong too and misread the post, thinking that the OP had changed the power supply. I hadn't even considered that he might have changed the mobo. Luckily, it didn't affect the solution to the problem.

Posters get a mental image of what the situation is, from the post. Sometimes it's right. Sometimes it's wrong. Sometimes it's very wrong. No one should get criticised for giving the best answer they can based on their mental image. We need people that will stick their neck out and venture their thoughts. Next time, it could be my turn to have totally the wrong end of the stick..

Reply to
Palindrome