OT heating flush- recovering money from installer?

June 07 I had a condensing combi fitted, on the quote it included flushing and adding inhibitor with a workmanship warranty and 2 year warranty on the boiler. Im now told by the manufacturer after a recent repair visit that the system requires further flushing or power flushing. I have approached the installer who tells me his warranty on workmanship is only 12 months and as I missed my 12 month service any further work will be chargeable.
Where do I stand on this, can I get another company in and possibly recover the cost from the original installer?