OT: Denim Jacket

Sorry to be OT but I will Do It Myself honest!
I have just had given as a present a new Denim jacket. It is like wearing a cardboard straightjacket at the moment. Any tips on making it softer? I have washed it 4 times but it doesn't seem to have had any affect. Or do I have to keep wearing it and wait?
Cheers
John

Mostly wear and wait, I'm afraid. Washing with fabric softener and tumble-drying can help, but will also lighten the denim over time.
Al

Above all, avoid Stockwell 'Tube' station ...
--

Brian

Brian Sharrock wrote:

<Snip>
New Labour - Tough on immigration, tough on the causes of immigration!
snipped-for-privacy@connectfree.co.uk writes

--
geoff

excuse to buy a cement mixer.

Will it have the same effect in the domestic Hotpoint??
John
John wrote:

Same effect on the jacket, yes.
Same effect on the Hotpoint, not exactly.
Owain

Sure, but you'll have to replace your Hotpoint with a cement mixer afterwards anyway... :-)
John wrote:

It may have a different effect on you, when the wife catches you, that is.
--
Howard Neil

No!
You'll end up in hospital
(when SWMBO finds the stones and gravel, that is)
--
geoff

Use a meat tenderiser - pulverise the bugger until it gives in
Denim jackets are for rufty tufty types who don't notice
--
geoff