OT: Car Breakdown cover

Anybody know of any bargains on this. It doesn't have to be with the 'big three' (AA, RAC or Green Flag). Or can anybody reccomend any organisation including European cover and for two cars in the same household.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

If its OT why have'nt you tried...uk.cars...I'd of thought a better response would be there?

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

sorry... alt.cars

-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Tesco do a deal with RAC and their clubpoints thing

downside is you would have to poison your family with crap food all year.

-
Reply to
Mark

"Mark" wrote in news:MF1Jf.44980$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-win.ntli.net:

Check out "The monesaving expert" there recomendation is AutoAid, a UK-only pay and claim service £32 a year .

Chris

Reply to
Chris Selwyn-Smith

AutoAid is strongly recommended by MoneySavingExpert and I went for it myself having been unable to find any bad vibes about it. Only 29 quid for a two-car family, with recovery, home start etc. Basically they provide you with a 3rd-party mechanic/tow truck which you pay for, but AutoAid re-imburse the full cost. Doesn't include European cover, but you could get separate (ie specific) cover for that from elsewhere and still be quids in.

Haven't had to actually use it myself (touch wood) so can't vouch for their service personally!

See

(or )

David

Reply to
Lobster

< extra pedant mode on>

It&#39;s "I&#39;d *have* thought a better response"

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

No you wouldn&#39;t.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

And the response will not be there since he hasn&#39;t asked the question there yet.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

AutoAid? Never heard of it, but it&#39;s less than half my last annual price with GEM (Guild of Experienced Motorists) who also reimburse claim costs.

Reply to
Jim Gregory

and for two cars in the same household.

No I "wouldn&#39;t" what?

-
Reply to
Mark

Somewhat obviously, no you wouldn&#39;t have to poison your family with crap food all year.

But I don&#39;t know what his particular beef is against Tesco.

Reply to
Lobster

Pretty obvious from the context. You wouldn&#39;t have to poison your family with crap food.

Clues: [1] Tesco food is perfectly OK

[2] You can earn club card points by using a Tesco credit card anywhere. You don&#39;t have to shop at Tesco at all.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

It&#39;s Mark who has a beef against Tesco, not me.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Indeed.

Clues: [1] I referred to "your" family... [2] ...but referred to "his" beef.

David

Reply to
Lobster

The reply was to Mark, so:

referring to Mark

referred to me, which I corrected.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

all

Such confusion, must be from a dietary deficiency ;( As for Tesco

-
Reply to
Mark