OT: Car Breakdown cover

Anybody know of any bargains on this. It doesn't have to be with the 'big three' (AA, RAC or Green Flag). Or can anybody reccomend any organisation including European cover and for two cars in the same household.
Cheers
John
John wrote:

<pedant mode on>
If its OT why have'nt you tried...uk.cars...I'd of thought a better response would be there?
-- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite
sorry... alt.cars -- Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

< extra pedant mode on>
It's "I'd *have* thought a better response"
Steve
shazzbat wrote:

And the response will not be there since he hasn't asked the question there yet.
MBQ

Tesco do a deal with RAC and their clubpoints thing http://tinyurl.com/cacn6 The downside is you would have to poison your family with crap food all year.
-

Check out "The monesaving expert" there recomendation is AutoAid, a UK-only pay and claim service 32 a year .
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi ? newsid1094823518,14076,
Chris
Mark wrote:

No you wouldn't.
MBQ

No I "wouldn't" what?
-
Mark wrote:

Somewhat obviously, no you wouldn't have to poison your family with crap food all year.
But I don't know what his particular beef is against Tesco.
Lobster wrote:

It's Mark who has a beef against Tesco, not me.
MBQ
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Indeed.
Clues: [1] I referred to "your" family... [2] ...but referred to "his" beef.
David
Lobster wrote:

The reply was to Mark, so:

referring to Mark

referred to me, which I corrected.
MBQ

Such confusion, must be from a dietary deficiency ;( As for Tesco http://tinyurl.com/j3ktp http://www.tescopoly.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
-
Mark wrote:

Pretty obvious from the context. You wouldn't have to poison your family with crap food.
Clues: [1] Tesco food is perfectly OK
[2] You can earn club card points by using a Tesco credit card anywhere. You don't have to shop at Tesco at all.
MBQ
John wrote:

AutoAid is strongly recommended by MoneySavingExpert and I went for it myself having been unable to find any bad vibes about it. Only 29 quid for a two-car family, with recovery, home start etc. Basically they provide you with a 3rd-party mechanic/tow truck which you pay for, but AutoAid re-imburse the full cost. Doesn't include European cover, but you could get separate (ie specific) cover for that from elsewhere and still be quids in.
Haven't had to actually use it myself (touch wood) so can't vouch for their service personally!
See http://tinyurl.com/c9zh7 (or <http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1095600098,32594 )
David

AutoAid? Never heard of it, but it's less than half my last annual price with GEM (Guild of Experienced Motorists) who also reimburse claim costs.