open fires

Hi There used to be an open fire in our lounge. It hasnt been used for at least 20 years. We have it covered by a fireplace that is ornamental only. I'm considering getting the marble back of the fireplace cut to open up the fireplace again to have a log fire. Apart from getting the chimney swept are there any other things I'd need to do regarding safety. Thanks Erica
Have a test to see if the flue is still ok