Oil or electricity

Which is cheapest to heat my water, immersion heater at around 13 pence a unit electricity or oil at 60 pence a litre, in other words should I turn on the immersion heater to conserve my oil actually bought for less than 40 Thanks
On 18/01/2011 17:50, Leveled wrote:

What kind of boiler? (answer may be affected by the efficiency!) however I suspect the oil is cheaper for the water, just as you seem to know it is for the heating.
x-posted!
Andy
On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:31:12 +0000, Andy Champ wrote:

Approx 10kw/l in oil so that's 6p/unit against the lecky 13p/unit(*). The boiler would have to be pretty ineffcient to make the oil more expensive.
(*) Might be worth the OP shopping around for lecky. I pay about 10p/unit.
--
Cheers
Dave.