O T - Where Can I Obtain ?

I have an old Dell Optiplex GX150 P3 computer. Nice machine, in very good condition.

It has a Windows 2000 COA label attached

I have looked on ebay for Windows 2000 software but can't find any. I have also searched other places and still can't find any.

I am seriously thinking of putting Ubuntu on it, but in hte past when I have put it on other PC's there has always been issues that don't allow it to run properly.

Anyone got one of these machines and runing Ubuntu successfully ?

Advice most welcomed

James

Reply to
the_constructor

What do you actually mean by Windows 2000 software. Win 2000 will run virtually anything that runs on Win 98 or Win XP.

Reply to
Keith W

Did you try really hard ?

Reply to
David Kennedy

I would rather put a cop of WinME on than get fleeced.

I'll go for Ubuntu if I have to

James

Reply to
the_constructor

If you have FTP, you can have a bastardised version of WinME from here ftp://basecuritysystems.no-ip.biz Username = anonymous password = password.

It installs itself with few prompts. Already has coding. Not an actual MS OS, but works the same and gives loads of hardware drivers.

HTH

Reply to
BigWallop

IO keep trying to hit it but it appears not to be there James

Reply to
the_constructor

Do you want the server back on? If you want a copy, gives a shout and it yours.

The server gets used for other file transfers, so it's not always open for everyone. Just give me shout if you want it open.

Reply to
BigWallop