ntl external box phone wiring

Can anyone help?
lost my broadband last night (which later returned) ..so, I checked in the NTL box outside my window where the phone and broadband cables enter and found corrosion on the phone wiring plus only 1 phone wire actually connected. I obviously disturbed the fragile wiring, so now I have no telephone. The whole box was hanging off the wall, a pretty good indication that the whole installation was badly done in the first place.
So now I have Blue, Orange, White/Blue, White/Orange wires coming in from the street, and Blue/White, Orange/White, White/Blue, White/Orange going through the wall into my house. The connector block colours are Grey, Blue, Orange and White, top to bottom.
Thought it would simply be reinsert corresponding coloured pairs of wires into the connector block, but the phone still does not work.
Has anyone got an NTL box they could take a peek into and let me know the wiring setup?
Tried to call NTL but apparently they only do office hours...
TIA.

Suggest you re-post on one of the ntl.discussion... groups - IME they're a very bright lot, and keen to help (as are diy.home, natch, he adds hurredly...)
--
Martin

(Remove barrier to reply)