noisy washing machine

I have a Hoover nextra 1600 washer dryer. It is fine except on the spin cycle there is quite a bit of vibration and noise. The machine seems to be set level when idle (no play when trying to rock from side to side or front to back) and is on a vinal floorcovering. Is there anything I can try, before getting expert help?
Don't forget to turn off when carrying out any work and unplug it
empty the machine and place your hand inside the drum and turn it if it rumbles, sounds like the bearings are gone.
you can disconnect the belt, to see if it still makes a noise, thus disconnecting the motor bearings. also check for any dents inside the drum, loose coins etc may have gotten between the drum and the outer drum
coach

Sounds like the bearings to me. I had the bearings on my Hoover 1100 Washer/Dryer replaced last year at a cost of 70. It was like a new machine afterwards.

You never said.... but if it's always been like that, then you need to put it on a solid surface. That is, if it's on wooden floorboards, you need to build up a breeze block plinth underneath for example. Not much you can do with it otherwise apart from ensuring a level surface... Cheers, Will.

Happened to me recently.
I thought the bearings had gone, so called in an engineer. He said that the concrete weight used to stabilise the machine and reduce vibration had come loose. He re-connected it, tightened up the nuts and bolts and it's as good as new.
Neil