Noisy TRVs

Hi I have a problem with noisy TRVs.

I Have a Baxi combi boiler supplying 6 radiators with Caleffi thermostatic valves and a towel rail with plain locksheild vales (fully open flow and return). When any of the radiators reach the point where the are satisfied for heat the valves make a loud noisy that changes in pitch till it stops this can take 10 minuets. It sounds like a hammer drill and is loud enough for my neighbours to ask about it. Not good in a morning as you have to get up when the heating comes on or get up to a cold house.

Some one told me I need to have a Differential Bypass Valve fitted; what does this do and why don't these need to be fitted to all heating systems?

Cheers Norman

Reply to
Norman

Sounds like your flow and return is going the wrong way.

Reply to
EricP

No checked that !! Flow is hotter than return, valves fitted on flow side but according to Caleffi's web site valves are suitable to be fitted on both.

Reply to
Norman

Reply to
Paul Saunders

Had the same problem a few months ago.

You'll probably find it's only 1 or 2 that's actually noisy. the problem with my TRV's were they were on their last legs, once i had replaced them no more noise.

-=Scozia=-

Reply to
-=Scozia=-

Fitted back to front! Look for the flow arrow..

AE

Reply to
Andy