No touchy the halogen

I bought a new light fitting today with halogen GU10 spotlight bulbs. The instructions said not to touch the bulbs. Now, to me, the bulb is the bit inside that looks like a car sidelight bulb, and the only bit you can touch is the silvery reflector, and the glass or plastic front on this reflector (being the base of the cone formed by the reflector). Does it mean that you are not to touch this part too? If so, how do you put the bulbs in without touching them? By blowing with great skill?
Bob

you can use a dry clean piece of rag.
The reason you shouldn't touch the bulb is because any grease residue left from fingerprints etc., actually begins to boil when the bulb is lit & has a tendency to literally 'blow' it!
Don.
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 08:17:49 +0000, cerberus wrote:

Or you could use a rubber glove ;o)
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 01:54:33 -0000, "Bob Smith"

Unless you blow your nose like footballers on TV and you wipe your bum in traditional muslim fashion, isn't there a hanky / tissue / bog roll in your house?

That's what I did in the end - got to watch out the medicated / scented crap the wife buys though!
Bob
On Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:18:14 -0000, "Bob Smith"