No Nails sticky strips

Anybody got any opinions on these?

I bought some because they were on special offer in Tescos...

I notice from the pack that they claim something like 2Kg per strip....

Anyway, tried stuicking a magazine rack (only light metal) to a wall. Seemed to stick for a bit and then fell off a few hours later. I think it might work if you hold the item in place with something else for 24 hours first (they claim u need to do this).

Reply to
paulfoel

I think we know why they are on special offer :)

2kg per strip doesnt sound much, I think gaffa tape would have similar hold (please dont gaffa tape anything to the wall and blame me when the missus goes ballistic )

I think the name "no more thumb tacks" may be in order

Reply to
simonsmith.uk

In article , paulfoel writes

I'm sure that between two perfectly prepared surfaces, left for the requisite length of time that the adhesive will hold, in tension, a 2kg weight. In shear, not waiting for a full bond and not on the perfect surface I suspect it will be a lot less.

Also, did the strip come off clean or did is take some of the wall surface with it, bit of paint, dust, wallpaper?

I'd never rely on a bit of glue on a surface for a load bearing job like that. (After previously singing the praises of chemical anchors here, I had to think twice about my wording :-).

Reply to
fred