No key for euro cylinder lock

Hi, my sister has just moved to a new house, the property had been a repossession. I think that the lock barrels had been changed as they didn't seem to fit properly, so I have changed these for new ones. the only problem is that on one side the patio door there is no key so I cant remove the cylinder plus some one as already had a go at drilling and forcing it with what looks like a screwdriver. I've had a go at drilling it but it is quite hard, don't suppose a lock smith could pick it now as it is well damaged. Any body got any ideas or experience? TIA

A locksmith can still break it out in about 10 seconds if you have access the the inside of the door, without damaging anything else.
--
Andrew Gabriel
writes:

had to do the same at friends house. 8mm drill in the section next to the keyslot 24mm deep drill, and a 10mm drill into the key slot. Took 10 mins of gentle drilling.