New single fan oven replacement - makes/models?

Looking to get a replacement built-in single fan oven (possibly with grill)

Our current one we've had for 5 years (Ariston) but the oven element has failed and this has happened once before. Rather than get it fixed though we'd like a replacement as we have other problems with it - inner glass door has fallen out once before (!) and the markings on the dials have rubbed out. We weren't that impressed with the build quality although I know these things do take a bashing!

Been looking at two models so far (probably want stainless steel as the colour instead of white or anything else):

Zanussi ZBF260X - seen for under 200 online (think this is with grill)

Beko BE66FSW in Currys for under 200

Both of these look like they fit the bill although I would be swayed towards the Zanussi purely because of the make - how are Zanussi for ovens though? (I believe they are good for other white appliances eg. washing machines)

Anyone have any experience of either or can recommend any alternatives???

Thanks Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

I bought the Beko to replace my non-fan oven. It works really well and has made cooking a lot easier.

But...the noise of the fan, oh my. I have had fan ovens before (used to rent furnished for many years) but none have been anything like so noisy. Not noisy in the "metal against metal" sense, but "cheap hair drier on maximum" sense.

Otherwise, no complaints. It heats up sooo fast, holds the temperature really well and very evenly. The trays slide nice and evenly but don't droop. Easy to clean. A pleasure to cook with.

Of course you don't get /hear/ the thing in the shop...

At least one thing. I don't forget and leave the oven on after taking out the Sunday Lunch.

Reply to
Palindr☻me

Have had a simple Baumatic for a few years and it works fine

Reply to
leveled