New plaster query

Just had a wall re-skimmed but forgot to ask plasterer if it needs any special preparation/sealing before I paper it with lining paper and emulsion over the top to match adjoining walls.
TIA.
"Midge" wrote:

I would just paper it once the plaster coat is dry, and then emulsion the paper 24 hours after papering.
On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 18:59:04 +0000, Midge wrote:

===============================It should be 'sized'. This is usually just a diluted coat of the paste you're going to be using to apply the paper. The reason is to prevent the new plaster absorbing too much of the paste which could make the paper fall off. Just slop on a generous amount of the diluted paste and let it dry. Then paper as normal using the full strength paste mix.
Cic.
--
================================
Testing UBUNTU Linux

If it's just been skimmed, then it shouldn't need lining paper. You do need a special coat of paint first though. You can buy special plaster priming paints for this, but matt emulsion diluted 10-25% with water is just as good (dilute more, the more polished the plaster finish is).
Don't use PVA to prime plaster for painting though. This seems to be becoming such a common mistake that some paint manufacturers have started putting this warning on their tins of paint.
--
Andrew Gabriel
Thanks Andrew.
writes:

This was propagated by those bodgeitandrun home diy TV prog's that blighted our screens. The sight of a plasterer at one end of a wall and a painter at the other following on, simply horrified me.
Cheers
Richard
Match the colour to the other walls but dont use lining paper.
Just a "mist" coat o diluted emulsion to seal the surface. By all means sand out any imperfections, if there are any ,before you start to paint
Barry