New Olive Slipping off Old Pipe

Hi,

Had to replace a Tee Valve on feed into Central Heating Filler Loop.

Everything came off no problem, Old olives as well. However When I slide the new Olive on the Vertical Pipe it not tight and won't hold, and slips off.

The Olive and Tee Valve are definatly the correct size. I think the end of the old pipe is worn making or narrower due to the old olive, it is easy to slip off.

I cannot cut the pipe as I have little to work with.

How do I get this Olive to fit. It's as if I need the pipe to expand by a few MM.

Sorry for the dumb question,

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Cheers Pat

Reply to
Pat H

Definately Metric 15mm..

Took the 15MM Tee Valve off (all stamped up), So I am assuming the Pipe is 15MM also,,, 8 Years old piping..

But the imperial thought did cross my mind when the Olive slipped on and off the pipe...

Can't even replace the pipe either...Without ripping up half the house.. ;-(

cheers Pat

Reply to
Pat H

What size pipe? (clue: Metric or imperial...)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Pat,

You are tightening the fitting nuts correctly - aren't you?

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

Try wrapping the olive & the pipe it is on with PTFE tape several turns or more should do the trick kitchenman

Reply to
kitchenman

Hi ,

Thanks for all the reply's..

In the end I replaced the PIPE with new 15MM . Not as bad as first thought..

Olives fit fine on new pipe as expected.

I did not know I could wrap PTFE tape around olives as this defeats the reason of what the Olive is supposed to do,

I suspected if I put PTFE tape around I'd see the drips pretty soon.

Anyway now all the Water and heating back on

Cheers

Pat

Reply to
Pat H