New doors and windows

I have heard that there are new rules about replacing windows in your house - is this correct? Can you no longer just go and get off the shelf UPVC double-glazed windows and fir them yourself?

Also I have a porch door that is in quite poor condition that I would like to replace - can I do it myself?

Reply to
Farmer Giles

You can do it but you are supposed to get your local authority to check the installation. Personally I never bothered.

If you have the requisite skills then no problem.

A door directly onto the main building may need approval but that depends on the circumstances.

All a can of worms from Letsfuckitup Prescott

Reply to
Alang

Abso-bloody-lutely, but thanks for the info.

Reply to
Farmer Giles