My pump has died.

My submersible well pump has died, not totally but it now trips the RCD after about 30 seconds operation and I can't get inside the thing to fix it. Can anyone recommend a supplier of low cost submersible pumps. This one cost me £120 just under 12 months ago and claimed 12 months warranty. Trouble is the supplier, Membro UK is not answering email or telephone messages so the warranty is useless.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I'd suggest machine mart for the cheaper end of the market. At least there is a fair chance of them being around to support the warranty if & when you need them.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Did you pay by credit card - if so, & being > £100, I wonder if you have a claim against c/c company? They may have delivered pump, but sounds like they've breached a crucial part of the contract.

Reply to
Martin

I bought it on Ebay and paid by paypal.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Just looked at their site. Most of their pumps don't have enough head, then they jump from 10m to 45m! I need 20 so could do with something in the middle. Ok the 45m would do the job but I don't like paying for far more than I need.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Maybe if you buy one with plenty of 'spare' capacity it will last longer than 12 months

Reply to
Chewbacca

Have you tried the German site and emaill address? snipped-for-privacy@membro.de

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Indeed I have. I emailed both in English and by Google translation in German with no reply.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike