multi fuel stove question

Are there any tips for keeping the glass clean ?

kate

Reply to
Kate Morgan

Try dipping a wet cloth in the ash and cleaning the glass with that. Free, convenient, and it works.

Reply to
Howard Neil

If its wood you are burning tar on the glass means the wood is not seasoned so you should not be burning it. The glass in my woodburner is completely clear apart from a little staining in the corners and has never been cleaned.

Take a look at

this show my 3 year old stove with perfectly clear glass.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Or, if you have no rags, use newspaper and then it can be burnt after use.

Reply to
David P

Are there any tips for keeping the glass clean ?

Thank you kind gentlemen for your answers, I can see several reasons for my glass getting blacked up, it could be damp wood cos the wood shed leaks - another job to be done before the winter - and I sometimes think it has something to do with the wind direction which would affect the draw, using damp ash sounds good I will try it. The fire was burning all day yesterday and the glass is clear so who knows :-)

regards

kate

Reply to
Kate Morgan

Hi Kate

The best option is to not let it get smoked up, this usually means, when lighting the fire close off the dampers that make the fire "draw" as soon as the fire is alight and most fires have openings over the top of the glass to force cold air over the glass and stop it from getting covered in carbon.

If this fails you can buy all sorts of cleaners but a cream cleaner on a bit of rag works wonders!

Ian

Reply to
PlusNet