moving windows vista license between PC's ???

Guys, Got the Visa Ultimate retail and gonna install it on my existing (aging) P4 system with 1 gig RAM. However, in a few months I will want to move the Vista license onto my new build PC - a Intel Quad core. How do I move the software license from the old to the new machine ? If I activate whilst its still on my old machine then the activation server will not allow the activation on the new machine .... ????? If I uninstall from the old machine, does some tool go to the activation server and say that the software has been removed and is avilable to be legally installed elsewhere?
How does this work please?
Thanks, Steve
Kaiser Sose wrote:

If, as you said, it's the retail version, and not OEM, transferring it won't be a problem. OEM are set / locked to a machine.
--
zaax