Moving Hot Water Cistern

I am considering moving the hot water cistern which is heated by immersion heater, oil fired boiler or Raeburn multi fuel fire with back boiler, situated adjacent to the cistern cupboard in another room. The Raeburn fire would be removed permanently.The idea is to make more room in a bungalow. The cistern would go up into the loft and ideally moved back into the roof space, by a few metres, to make more room in a bungalow. I fear that this would be beyond my DIY skills?

Could anybody give me a rough estimate as to what would likely to be charged by a plumber in Lincolnshire?

G.J.

Reply to
GJ

A similar amount to the amount paid for a piece of string be it in Lincolnshire or elsewhere. Sorry to be so blunt but without seeing 'the job' how can anybody quote/estimate or give you an 'idea'. Get a couple (or

3) plimbers to give you a quote and take your choice.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

How old is the hot water tank? They tend to corrode and weaken around the hot water inlet and outlet pipes, in which case you may need to have a new tank. Are the ceiling joists which will support the tank near a load bearing wall? If not, consideration will need to be given to strengthening the joists to support a tank full of water. You haven't mentioned if there are radiators and a CH pump or not. As a non-plumber this sounds to me like a potentially a major undertaking and could easily cost the best part of 1,000 quid.

Reply to
DIY