Moss on slabs-how to remove and prevent.

The ideal place for moss to grow is in our front garden, north facing , sheltered and on slabs. I want to get rid of it and prevent further growth. I can scrape some off, spray moss killer on the rest, but, how do I prevent it from returning ?

Cheers

Brian

Reply to
Brian

Dig out and spray with weed killer. As long as you can get most of the green off to start with, then a spray with weed killer should keep it at bay for a good long while. There are no fast and sure ways to prevent wind sewn seed from getting into cracks and crevices, so regular maintenance is always needed on these types of things.

Good luck with it.

Reply to
BigWallop

Hello BW,

That name's a 'blast from the past', have you come out of retirement 'cause you're a little bored just lazin' about there?

If it's the genuine BW, then welcome back - if it's a new BW, then you have a fair old mantle to carry! :-)

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G

'cause

It's the same old me, Brian. :-) Been busy for some months, but thought I'd take a break from the humdrum and spread my worth into the groups again.

How's you been, while I've been gone? No one lost life or limb on their home grown projects?

Reply to
BigWallop

Are you sure you have not been posting under another name?

Nice to see you back

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Adam !!! How's you? It is nice to dip the toes in the water again. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

Sadly the answers haven't got much better, weedkiller won't touch moss, that needs iron sulphate and there isn't much that will discourage it in the long term in the o/p's situation, it's endemic.

Reply to
fred

So your lum still reeks:)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It's roaring away great style. lol And life with you has gone from the best to even better, I hope?

Reply to
BigWallop

To answer the OP,

My own experience with moss on slabs is that it just won't lay down and die, no matter what chemical is used. As a result, I simply power wash the patio twice or three times a year simply to keep it under control.

Brian G

Reply to
Brian G