mortar joints

Can anyone help please. I have had lots of emails about the dpc cavity tray. The only thing is when I remortar the joints on the horizontal cuts between the bricks, do I just fill it with mortar? or should I pack the joint in places with slate or similar as well? The cuts will be 2 metres in places. Many thanks for help. Neil
Neil wrote:

Neil,
On the horizontal beds, just fill with mortar, on the perps (vertical joints) leave one unfilled per tray to let any water escape.
If you are asking how the trays are fixed (presuming that they are lead) , then what you do is fit a couple of lead plugs per tray, hammered into the joint on top of the tray so that these are just below the surface and then repoint the joint as normal.
Brian G
Thanks again Brian. The inspector says use an ordinary 9 inch wide dpc of plastic type, sliding it through the mortar gap and "curled" up against the inside leaf of blocks. I just hope it works. Neil